A periodic blog about Games, Books, Movies, Pop culture, Technology and whatever else I happen to feel like writing about...

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

K-ji & Mark


K-ji & Mark
Originally uploaded by Mark M.
This photo was taken during the Bobcaygeon adventure, and is of Karen and Me.

On Sunday, Karen and her cat Felix flew to Sao Paulo, where Karen will be working for three years. Well, a few months in SPAULO, and then the rest in Recife, but you get the idea. Basically, three years in Brazil.

Now, Brazil is both close, through technology, and very, very far, through geography. We can talk to each other every day if we want, and Karen just called me a few minutes ago to chat about her day. So, in a way, it's like she hasn't left, but of course she has...

I will be visiting her soon, and I know I will be very glad to see her. She is very special, and I am so happy that we met. It can be a bit frustrating, though, meeting someone who you get along with so well, someone who finally "groks" you, who loves you for being you, and then having to be apart.

She warned me that this could happen, one year ago when we met. I know that I would not trade the last year for anything, and that I am looking forward to many, many more together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home