A periodic blog about Games, Books, Movies, Pop culture, Technology and whatever else I happen to feel like writing about...

Friday, June 25, 2004

Hello World... 8-)

Hi, my name is Mark, and I am a Geek..

"Hello Mark"

I come not to bury GeekHood but to praise it.. Why are we Geeks? Generally, because we are seen as possessing arcane knowledge not shared by others. And when a person knows something that others do not, they are marked as "different". And as we all know, being "different" is bad, since most people spend inordinate amounts of time trying to be the same as everyone else!

Well, I am not the same. I like to read, I enjoy solving puzzles, playing games, talking about politics, debating issues, expanding my mind, quoting Monty Python and trying to figure out who the heck the Nazi Alien in the season finale of Enterprise is..

In case you missed the title of the blog, some of my main interests are games, and by this I mean board games, card games, strategy games, Eurogames et al. I had one of my biggest moments of Geek pride when, upon asking my girl friend that all important question on our first date, "What is your favourite game", she replied "Board game or card game?"

(Her favourite board game was Clue, The Great Museum Caper, and her favourite card game was playing Uno with her family during the holidays...)

Just to be clear, she is a real, live, beautiful, intelligent woman, and no, you cannot have her email address, go find your own smart, sexy game playing girlfriend! Being a Geek is not a license to live in your parents' basement, you should get out and experience real life too!

So stay tuned until next time, same Bat Time, same Bat Channel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home